Even if I ever went into cooking, nothing sweet can be done without using the very ingredient my name bears and is derived from. Chocolate is one of my loved flavors but Vanilla is the champion of everything ever known (pun intended, narcissism not intended). I decided to find and improvise my very own EGGLESS chocolate-vanilla cake, something not too sweet because I am stingy with the sugar. So this is the first post of my Vanillian Diet Recipes, a diet every Vanillian should follow.
- Self Raising Flour: 1 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: 3 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract/ Essence: 1-2 tbsp [Note: Try to use Extract instead as Essence is not real vanilla, once again pun not intended]
- Salt: For seasoning
- Hot water: 1/2 cup
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Hazelnuts (Optional): about 10, quartered
- Sugar: 1/2 cup (for not too sweet) or 3/4 cup (mild sweetness)
- Oil: 3tbsp [Note: Any oil will do, try avoiding either olive or avocado oil)
- Mixing bowls
- Balloon Whisk
- Cake tin
- Measuring spoons (Duh)
- Oven (Just incase you forget)
- Big spoon
- Mix dry ingredients (Flour, cocoa powder,sugar, salt and nuts) together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients (Vanilla Extract, oil, water and milk) into another mixing bowl.
- Then, add both the dry and wet ingredients. Stire well with a balloon whisk until it forms a smooth batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Simply, grease a cake tin with oil or butter.
- Add the batter into the cake tin. [Note: The nuts may rise up, if possible try to push it down if you want nuts embedded into your cake]
- Place in the oven for about 25 minutes or until poke in a fork in and it comes out clean.